14 Sep 2019 –
St Francis Church stands at the heart of the Bournville Village, designed in the early Christian basilica style and consecrated in 1925.
Bournville Parish Church, which is dedicated to St Francis of Assisi, is a place of calm and beauty beloved by local worshippers.
George Cadbury always intended there to be a Anglican church as part of his ‘garden village’. Land was set aside for a Church and Church Hall by Bournville Village Trust in 1905. The Hall was built in 1913 and the completed Church was consecrated in 1925. The architect, William Alexander Harvey, designed the church on the early Christian basilica style. He created a robust and open space, filled with light, which is simple but not plain.
Source:: What’s On